Saturday, December 11, 2004

A Strange Week In the Den

For the first official blog, I'd like to invite everyone to visit here from time to time. I'll go by the name Vixen, for those who don't know me, and for those who do, its Viv.
All in all, exam time is rather stressful at any learning institution. However, this week seems to be a week from literally, hell. Perhaps I wouldn't have cared as much about that exam on Wednesday, if I had had the opportunity to write it and get over with it. Seems as though some disgruntled student decided that they hadn't studied enough, and therefore called in a bomb threat to York. And to think, I actually studied for this exam!
Enough about that though, let's focus a bit more on what has happened today. By now, everyone has heard the news, a teacher was shot at a highschool in Brampton. These days, it seems as though that this is a common phenomenon. However, my younger brother goes to this particular school, Bramalea Secondary School. It's funny how the "safety net" of school can be disrupted by something as dreadful as a shooting. One would think we've returned to the Old West, with gunslingers and saloons. However, we are here, at an ordinary school on a rather miserable December day. The teacher, was a math teacher, as I have heard, who taught the tenth grade. Apparently, one of my brother's friends is a student of this particular teacher. It's funny isn't it? You wouldn't think that this could hit so close to home. I've always considered my area relatively safe, but this has got me thinking otherwise.
On a sad note, I have just learned that the teacher has died. My prayers are with her loved ones. Why must the innocent suffer so much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home