Monday, February 07, 2005

A Note About this Blog of Late

I am well aware that in the last few days I've been doing the easy way out on this blog. I've been posting poems, which aren't all that good, but something to fill space. I don't know why I've been doing this so frequently, maybe they are just reflecting my crazy moods lately.

Here is one more poem that I feel is appropriate in this crazy world we live in.

Children of Colour

Children of Colour – What do you see?
Open your eyes, see the sun rise.
Live, Love, Sleep, Die –
I cry with you, I suffer and die with you.
My blood in this festering world,
My wound, it bleeds like yours.
Feed me is your cry…until you can cry no more.
Your hunger I feel – but cannot sate
“Thank you dear Lord for my daily bread…”
- I pray – glad for blessings – you may never see.
Brown, Black, White, Yellow, Red…
The colours in me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Davyth said...

Perhaps you should be singing "If I Was A Rich Girl" now, not the blues.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home