Thursday, March 10, 2005

Another week, but am I any wiser?

Lately the posting on my blog has become a bit infrequent. However, this is due to my badly sprained wrist, which apparently has a case of tendonitis. Just my luck isn't it that it's my left hand? Now I understand the true reason why the left hand is considered 'sinister.' I started Physio treatments yesterday, and the pain is not exactly the most fun.

On to a more literary note, I coincidentally ran into Jeremy yesterday at the Cock and Bull in Founders. I knew that he was around at York, and by my logical deductions, I figured he would show up there at some point or other. Both Dave and I, I will admit, abstained attending our classes in lieu of a chat with Jeremy. In the long run, I've never regretted having a good conversation with him. No one should ever judge a book by its cover, some outward appearances bear surprising results below the surface. That also explains my relationship with Dave, in public our behaviour is rather a great job of acting. I, the domineering bitchy female versus Dave, the meek reclusive male. We are a perfect balance to one another.

Jer, I know you'll be reading this blog at some point or other, and I want to address this little section for you. As I've said many times before, you were the one to open up the joy of Shakespeare to me. Additionally, you have reminded me of the pleasure that can be derived from literature. This is something that over the last few years, University has almost beaten out of me. Thank you again for your comments about my poem. When you said it was technically sound, I could have kissed you, (LOL but I definitely think Dave would have objected!). At any rate, I was actually shocked that you thought it to be reasonably good. I never think my poetry is worth reading, but then again I guess the artist is always one's own worst critic. I mentioned you today while talking to Bruce, and he was vaguely aware of who you were. I also passed on my poem to Bruce to read, so I suppose I wil obtain some feedback from him as well.

Anyhow, to all readers, my wrist is screaming at me to stop this typing now, so I will oblige it and give it the rest it dearly needs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr J said...

**blush**

Thanks, kiddo.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

After all, you did inspire me last year. I figure that paying you a compliment now and then is the least I can do.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home