Friday, April 22, 2005

Hearts Unified in Memory

Sweet is the sorrow,
That draws us near.
Reflections of a life,
In a still pool of memory.

Remembering each ripple,
A movement of our past.
Vivid first, then softer,
Smoother, clearer, - gone.
Locked deep within the heart.

Misty eyes, sad goodbyes,
For the kind spirit ~
No longer here.
But imagine instead,
A clean and pure being,
Free of pain and fear.

Gone from this body perhaps,
But still alive ~ inside
Each heart and spirit,
Gathered side by side.

Joining now in chorus,
A song which carries on,
Echoing in every footstep,
Unifying into one chord,
Love.

Tears for the physical,
Laughter for a soul,
Who is freer than the birds,
Because it now knows,
Peace.

In the midst of grief,
Our God holds our hand.
Leading us through the shadows,
Of our mortal lives.

We are joined in blood,
On this physical orb.
And, one day ~ reunified in spirit,
We will share eternity,
Abiding with our Lord.

This is one of my own poems, written three years ago, after my grandmother's death (Ayesha Hyacinth Bissessar). Somehow I feel that it is an appropriate piece to be here, for many reasons. I promised myself, after her death: to live my life to the fullest, and that in the future, I would use her middle name as my daughter's name. As for living life to the fullest, that is well on its way. As for the other part, the Hyacinth Girl is yet to be born.
Goodnight all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home