Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

Alright, so I am a few hours late, but best wishes to all. My sweetie brought me a special surprise: Breakfast at Tiffany's which we almost had time to complete watching. Love you lots hunny....

Other than that, yesterday was a productive day for me:

1. Finished reading Anatomy of Criticism
2. Finished reading Death and the Maiden and re-read Buried Child
3. Read King Lear
4. Finished writing essay on The Great Code
5. Started mini-essay on passage from Troilus and Cressida
6. Finished mini-essay on passage from Coriolanus

As I can figure, I did pretty well for myself and hopefully will now not stress out too much for the rest of this reading week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pious Labours said...

congrats on the Anatomy. I read it first in third year, and then again in 4th. Still too few reads though. That is by far one of the most important and rewarding books of lit crit you'll ever read. Problem is that henceforth, most criticism will not seem to cut it.

What's your essay on the Great Code about? I'm fascinated...

1:34 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

My prof's just interested in us understanding The Great Code (as difficult as that may be). At this point I'm not too sure about what I wrote, and whether or not it will undergo quite a bit of revision.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

You didn't satiate my curiosity :) Would you mind posting a bit of it, or at least the thesis (I'm not marking you, so don't worry if it ain't perfect).
Incidentally, I never had Bruce Powe as a prof, but he always said hi to me and sometimes shot the breeze. He liked McLuhand, I didn;t :)

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home