Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Discovery

As usual, I am an insomniac every night. So what is my cure for it? Watching television for a few hours (tonight it was: Pay It Forward), and then progressing to reading literature. Tonight's book of choice is The Godfather, mainly because I am assisting my younger brother with an ISU assignment. My goodness, has it been so long that I have nearly forgotten what that acronym stands for? Oh wait, my brain has unfrozen, it means Independent Study Unit. Funny how I got looped into this one. I don't remember anyone there to help me through my high school and university assignments.
In other news, I have just realized that this blog has now been in existence for two years. As I was marveling at that fact, I went back to read some of my first posts and began to contemplate what I have been doing since then.
1. Got myself engaged to my sweetheart (July 2005)
2. Won a year-long court case (June 2006)
3. Finally finished University and GRADUATED! (June 2006)
4. Went on vacation to Trinidad to plan wedding (August 2006)
5. Was hired as a bar manager (September 2006)
6. Signed modeling contract (November 2006)
7. Planning for wedding (July 2007)

Not too shabby, I must say! Although the last while has had its ups and downs, I realize that my life is progressing very quickly. I look back at where I was even 2 years ago, and I wonder what happened to that person. A lot has changed in my life, and most for the better. I am a more confident individual, more so than I ever was in the past. I am learning that being myself does not mean compromising myself. Also, if people don't like who I am, they can go stick it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pseudosanity said...

That is quite a list!

BTW, did you complete reading the Godfather? The book is so different from the movie, yet both are equally good. Quite an achievement dont you think?

5:49 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

I actually read the book quite a few years ago, and after that, watched the three movies. The third movie was a Hollywood creation, yet it tied together the story line well. I also read the Sicilian, which tracks the story of Michael Corleone in Sicily.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home