Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Road Not Taken

In the last while, life has been somewhat of a struggle; my particular battle with the tendonitis in my left arm. However, things are progressing, and the pain is only occassional now. Now that the end of the school year is nigh, I am somewhat forlorn. As much as I gripe and complain for various reasons during the year, I do enjoy my classes.

Tonight I am in the process of studying for my Synoptic Problem test, which I am writing tomorrow afternoon. I have synthesized all the material, and hopefully my feeble brain will recall it tomorrow in my time of need.

Additionally, I should make some notes about my other classes. I have one final essay left for my Modern Drama class, and quite a happy report to make about my Caribbean History class.
First of all, I would like to congratulate my professor (Michele Johnson) for achieving her guaranteed status at York, and I wish her all the best on her book launch this coming Monday (April 4, 2005). Secondly, I received a B+ on my essay on Haiti (yes Dave, you were right, it was a good paper).

Outside of my classes, I want to raise a glass to Jeremy again. Thanks again for the free alcohol on Monday, the book of poetry on Tuesday, and always fascinating conversations. Best wishes for the future, wherever the path may lead.

Here I come to my final thought of the night, Cheers to literature, the art of reading poetry, and Robert Frost.

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far I could
To where it bent in the the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden back.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that made all the difference.

Wishing you all the best of luck on exams, a great summer, and the best for the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home