Sunday, April 03, 2005

Saturday Night At the Movies

It was a dark and stormy night...(sorry I couldn't resist). At any rate, it is just past midnight on the third of April (Don't forget, Daylight Savings Time kicks in tonight, set your clock one hour ahead!).

In the news, Pope John Paul II died yesterday afternoon just past 2:00pm standard time. Personally, I know very little about the late Pope, only what people have told me. I suppose I was too young to realize the impact that he had when I was a young girl. He was commended by George W. Bush as the man to single-handedly pull down the regime of Communism. Of course, in the next few days there will be plenty of news concerning his life and death. I am reflecting today, on the fact that Jean Paul II was born in 1920, the same year as my maternal grandfather. I wonder what he thinks tonight, knowing the news about the Pope? I suppose I will know by later today.

On to my little note about the movies that were on TVO tonight. As usual, my mother and I sat down to 'Saturday Night at The Movies.' Tonight the features were "The Collector" (1965) and "Wait Until Dark" (1967). I have linked them for anyone who is interested. In terms of plot, they were quite dissimilar, but both movies were excellently executed. Each one was suspenseful and intriguing. I suppose that does not really divulge much information, but then again, if you are curious, watch the movies for yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home