Thursday, July 07, 2005

In The News

By now pretty much everyone knows about the tragedy that happened in London, England this morning. Sad as it is, life will move on, as it did in New York, Bali, and Madrid. I believe the scariest possibility about terrorism is that it is no longer necessary an "other" outsider source. What does a terrorist really look like? Somehow these days there seems to be enough scapegoating of various peoples to go around. Perhaps it is time for world leaders to pay attention and leave Afghanistan and Iraq to solve their own problems. Pull the troops out and let those men and women return to their families alive rather than maimed or in a box.

In my own realm today, my stalker has been seen around several times today, and also in the last few days. My brother even approached his car today, which resulted in him leaving rather abruptly. At this rate I am starting to wonder whether or not he will ever leave me ALONE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pseudosanity said...

While agree something has to be done about this escalation of violence, I dont entirely agree with you on pulling out of Iraq or Afghanistan. We as a country have gone in and disrupted their very existance, and it will be sheer cowardice to beat a retreat when things start going downhill. I however do not subscribe to our current policies there either. What we need is sanity, not machoism.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

I suppose I would rather peacekeeper troops than the current situation. I just wish there was a way to reduce the amount of casualties on both sides.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home