Monday, January 16, 2006

A Processional

As previously mentioned, today I attended the funeral of my aunt's mother (Theresa Gene). It started as an early day, waking up at 6am to be ready for my uncle to pick up me and my brother. We went again to the funeral home, and then to the church for the service. This woman truly lived a remarkable life, raising 14 children on her own. She also had 36 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. After the funeral service, we went to the cemetery. In my opinion, this was the hardest part of the day: the final goodbyes. Once this part was done, a load seemed to be lifted. We then had a get-together with all the family.
Tomorrow is back to school and I also learned that I will not be working at all this week. This means that I am definitely looking for a new job. Friday is my hunny's birthday and I plan to spend the day with him. In other good news, I found out today that we have won our honeymoon vacation by filling out a raffle card at last week's bridal show.

1 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

Cool! A free honeymoon! Congrats!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home