Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother's Day and the following

Let's start out with Mother's Day. Since I worked late on Saturday night, I was not awake in the morning when the flower delivery for my mother arrived. By the time I woke up, she had already thanked my brother (who had forgotten all about the flowers). Then I got a call from my boss. The girl who has been 'sick' for nearly a week, was still feeling 'sick'. So I was called in to work, and at first it looked like I was going to miss the Mother's Day dinner of steak and cheesecake. However, I wrangled an extra hour of home time, which gave me plenty of time to spend with mother and to enjoy the dinner. My boss apparently felt so bad, that he apologized to my mother and offered her a drink on the house when she comes by my workplace next. I started work that evening at 7pm, and surprisingly enough, it was twice as busy as the Saturday night. Go figure!! Found out that I don't have a shift again until Thursday, so the next few days were all mine. Monday was spent doing some cleaning and organizing all the school books that had been scattered on my bedroom floor. These books have now found new homes on some shelves. Tuesday was spent visiting an elderly lady for a few hours, then rushing home to make two pizzas. Went onto my school website to see that grades have been released, and that I am finally graduating! (the afternoon of June 12). My hunny is graduating the same afternoon as well. I am happy to graduate finally, but fairly pissed off that I have to pay $50 to rent a robe, which I will be wearing for all of a few hours. Tomorrow I am going shopping for a birthday gift for one of my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home