Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Today's News

Since I have not posted a blog entry in nearly two days, I figure I write something of a more substantial length for this one. So far I’ve been on “vacation” for almost a week, although it doesn’t really feel like that. I’ve had various tasks since the week started, the one I dread the most is cleaning. Apparently in my household, there’s no such thing as ‘Spring Cleaning,’ here it has been translated into ‘Almost-Winter Cleaning’. There’s no snow on the ground yet that’s stayed around long enough, so I guess it is cleaning season.
We all seem to be busy around this time of year, even those of us who don’t celebrate anything during this holiday season. I’ve been out shopping for three consecutive days, with respective parents, not doing any real shopping, as the lack of funds prevents such events at current time.
Today I’ve spent the day typing some articles for my father who is afraid of touching a computer, but I’ve managed to escape the whirlwind of my mother’s cookie/cake baking. Apparently though, I hear that fresh white bread has been made. Other than that activity, I’ve picked up my flute, which not many people have ever heard me play. Of course, I’m terribly rusty, but trying my best. I also realize that it is a lot more difficult than I remember it being, considering I was out of breath after some basic warm-up exercises. Perhaps when I have some cash available I will go and take those lessons I’ve been talking about.
This weekend coming up will prove to be an interesting one, as I have two consecutive church meetings to attend. I will, however, not make last week’s mistake of the 12 hour day in high heels. This time comfortable apparel will be on my feet, no matter how out of place they might look. Well, seems as though I’ve written quite a bit for today, so keep well all, and try not to get too bogged down during this holiday season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home