Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Tuesday...an Interesting Day at that

Today was quite an interesting day, I did my modelling stint and also revealed some important facts to someone. The modelling went all right although apparently to most people 'Carib' equals 'Caribbean'. A brief history lesson for all those misinformed souls out there. The Carib and the Arawaks were the two indigineous tribes to the Caribbean region, before the arrival of the Europeans. The Caribs were a more war-like tribe than the Arawaks, but sadly both groups were practically annihilated by the invading Europeans. The term 'Caribbean' was based on the name of the Carib natives, and the region lives on with that name today.

On a secondary note, my revealing of certain information did not produce the result that I thought it would. For quite a while I was hesitant to tell anyone about what had happened, but early this morning, something snapped in me, and I felt compelled to reveal what was wrong. In all honesty, I was rather scared to tell anything about this, because it all looks like my fault. However, I was reassured that not every bad situation that I'm involved in is my fault, and I shouldn't feel guilty. I want to thank that person and remind them that I treasure them indefinitely. The support is far more encouraging than any words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home