Monday, April 25, 2005

Delay leads to Decay

Sometimes the right word just comes to you, and today, quite literally so. Wordsmith's word of the day:

temporize also temporise (TEM-puh-ryz) verb tr.

To delay so as to gain time or to avoid making a decision.

[From French temporiser (to bide one's time), from Medieval Latin
temporizare (to pass the time), from Latin tempor-, from tempus (time).]

As you can probably tell, I am putting off making a decision. In my case, I have not started studying for my last exam (Modern Drama) which is on Thursday. This madcap week has: shopping today; my father's birthday tomorrow; packing on Wednesday; exam on Thursday; and cleaning on Friday. What a joyous week! So please, do not act like me and temporise everything in your life. Best Wishes All...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home