Monday, April 04, 2005

In the midnight hour, I can feel your power

A prize goes to the person who figures out my title. It is actually quite appropriate considering tonight's mission. I am in the process of writing my final paper of the year for my Modern Drama course.

The essay question: How does the formal or structural innovation mirror the thematic content?

I have chosen the plays: Blasted by Sarah Kane and Arcadia by Tom Stoppard. Right now I am still in the vague outline stages of the essay. On the positive note, it means I have written approximately half of the 1000 words designated for this paper. I suppose that this is encouraging, but I know there is still far more to explain before this paper will be complete. Both of these plays demonstrate the problems of indicating drastic temporal shifts on stage. Each playwright uses innovative means to create a viable solution to the problem.

That's all I have for now, I return to work.

5 Comments:

Blogger Davyth said...

Just like a prayer, you know I'll take you there...Madonna perhaps?

12:53 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Congrats! I'll buy you that book.

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! you have put more thought about your paper into this blog than most students put into their papers period. i think that's really cool.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, that last one was from me!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Thanks for the compliment, its nice to know that my undergrad status is appreciated.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home