Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Let's Go to the Ex!

Today's quite exciting day was spent at the CNE with my fiancé, mom, brother, and one of my brother's friends. When we made it downtown around noon, the younger ones disappeared to go on the rides and play games.
Us, the remaining three, took a walk through several buildings. I tried on clothing, tried some naturopathic emu oil for my hands, and looked at an assortment of wonderful items. After trying some luck with the midway games, I ran into the younger brother of a high school friend. I won a big, multicolour dog and a small gorilla.
Next we travelled around the world, or at least to the pavillions of the world. Here we saw many beautiful things, including some merchandise we will purchase in the future.
We met up with my brother after that, and both he and his friend had accumulated some stuffed animals. The kids went loose again and we ate chicken and beef shwarma in pitas.
We returned to the pavillions and watched a show, wandered some more and I bought my first saree. We met the younger ones again, they got food and then we went to watch the Eukanuba dog show. After that, I purchase a few more items and the three of us headed for the food building. We ate some scrumptious goat roti and tamarind balls.
Finally we headed home for the night...

2 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

ah... the CNE.... I remember it fondly. I finally went there once, after 5 plus years living in Toronto. And I never got a chance to go back again. I wish I could visit it again.

Glad you had a good day out. It's always nice to be able to do these "once a year" things in the summer.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

You should try to make it again, I always enjoy the pavillions of the world the most.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home