Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve.

Well, here we are again, the joyous time of year, Christmas Eve 2004. It’s been a year since I’ve reflected on Christmas as a whole, so let’s see if I have any new reflections. I know that I don’t really enjoy Christmas, mainly for the craziness of shoppers in the malls. I was asked if I wanted to go to the mall today, but I kindly declined, mainly because I know the state of the mall on the last day of shopping. A few years ago I worked in retail, and I know the hassles of the seasons. I think one of my favourite stories is when I worked in a kiosk in the mall. A man, who was third in line asked if he could go first, because he only had one purchase to make. I replied that there wasn’t any express lane at our kiosk, and he would have to wait his turn. He muttered some obscenities, placed his purchase on the counter, and walked off. I smiled and wished him a very happy holiday season. Retail is a nightmare around any major holiday, but Christmas is definitely the worst. So please, all of you shopping today, be kind to the sales people, they have enough stress to deal with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home