Monday, January 10, 2005

Finding (Founders) of Christianity

Since beginning medicated life today, things have been alright, hoping that my body will not take long to adjust to the poisons that allegedly will make me feel better.
At any rate, tonight's commentary focuses on my Founders of Christianity Exam, of which I will be writing part one this Wednesday. For those non-Yorkies out there who might read this, there was a bomb threat one day during the exam period back in December, hence, my writing of this exam now.
As I peruse 1 Thessalonians, 1 Corinthians, Philippian, Philemon etc., it comes to mind that this course has become somewhat of a struggle for me. Come to think of it, I'm starting to like the Bard more than the Bible. Perhaps this is a response in part to Dr. J's blog today about various Shakespearian information floating out on the web. Some of the things discussed are downright scary, mainly because people have a tendency to take them for fact.
At any rate, I digress, back to my studies. I've been having some difficulty with this course, not the material per se. The material is familiar footing for me, being raised in a Christian household. However, the perspective is not so familiar. I should have been aware when I took this course that it wouldn't always be easy going. I think I'm having the most difficulty with being the "outsider" as this is not a theological course, rather a Humanities study. My professors are well learned in the topic, but I struggle to keep up with their "scholarly accepted" approaches. We'll see as this term progresses what will happen. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home