Sunday, January 16, 2005

Sunday's Choice


Le Dejeuner sur L'Herbe (Luncheon on the Grass)
1863, Edouard Manet Posted by Hello


Well, I haven't had a chance to post anything on my blog since Friday, so I will update and continue with my musings of the day. Yesterday, Saturday, was a church day for me. I was supposed to be attending a group event with the Youth Group of my church, but due to spasmodic fits of coughing, I decided not to go after all. Instead, I came home and had some rather interesting conversations with some people. I truly wish I could understand some people's life motivations because I am puzzled by bizarre behaviour.

Anyhow, on a more literary note, I'm still working my way through Naked Lunch, and finding it an intriguing read. For the people who are familiar with Burroughs, I'm sure this will be no surprise to you. I would also like to note that this text has triggered other elements of my background knowledge. According to the quiz that I did, I am a person who visualizes what I learn, and translates knowledge into pictures in my brain.

One of my musings, I think triggered by the title, was the similarity to a Manet painting entitled Le Dejeuner sure L'Herbe (Luncheon on the Grass). I know that in the era (Impressionism) when that painting was released, it had many negative criticisms, and was banned from being shown. I was wondering if that painting and this title have anything in common? Perhaps it is just musing on my part, but if there is anyone who might know the answer to this, please comment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Davyth said...

On a side note your blog is among Jer's blogs of note. ;)

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home