Thursday, January 13, 2005

Naked Lunch

Last night I bravely plunged into one of the most lyrically-explicit books of all time; Naked Lunch, by William Burroughs. I found it profound and enlightening, not at all shocking. Perhaps that's because in my drugged state, books like this are starting to make some sense. Then again, maybe the material is not sinking into my consciousness as it should. I don't know if I should be worried or have some sort of euphoria as a result of my revelations. Perhaps the true answer will come to me after I'm off these meds. Jer, if you're reading this, I'm somewhat better, but think I'm relapsing a bit (as I forgot to bring my meds with me to school today). I suppose getting soaked in the rain this evening wasn't exactly the best thing either. *sigh* Now I proceed to do some studying for Founders of Christianity as I have the major section of my exam tomorrow afternoon. I hope all goes well. Happy reading everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home