Thursday, August 25, 2005

Flips, Tricks and Bruising

This afternoon was spent yet again at T.I.B., doing another class. As you can see from the title, it describes the day in a nutshell. Today I took a class with Martin Zikmund, who is a professional flair bartender. We were wowed by his abilities, but very few of us were up to his standard. Oh well, practice makes perfect I suppose!
We were taught to do a variety of tricks with some spills and very little damage. Some of my more daring classmates tried the flaming Sambuca trick, but I was content with a shot of it instead ;).
It was a great day overall, although I have some sore hands and possibly a few bruises to show for it. At any rate, I have yet to take the Wines of Ontario Workshop, which also promises to be quite educational.
Dinner for tomorrow night: Tandoori Chicken (compliments of me) and Saffron Rice (compliments of my mother).

2 Comments:

Blogger Pseudosanity said...

You have no clue to how much I envy you. You get to do all the cool stuff. I once tried to do the toss and catch that bartenders do, and ended up drenching my carpet with Vodka. ;)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

lol...thanks pseudo...hadn't heard from you for a while. So, if you like the profession so much, why don't you take a course in bartending too?

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home