Thursday, January 20, 2005

Wednesday-Jack Thursday-Kerouac

Welcome again to my wide world of sickness. In the last two weeks, I have to imagine that my pharmacist is starting to recognize me (or at least like me spending $120 on meds). Yes, this is the grand total to date of my medications.

To update, I went to the doctor on Tuesday morning around 11:30am, and two hours later after x-rays and waiting time, I emerged diagnosed: seasonal bronchitis, this time drug of choice, 2 puffers. I can barely contain how happy I am! (Most people can probably hear the sarcasm dripping off that comment.)
Anyhow, tonight's reading of choice, The Subterraneans by Kerouac. I must admit that reading Kerouac is fascinating, I really admire the flow of the whole text. Then again, my evaluation of the book is rather floundering tonight, as I've put ibuprofen, steroid puffer, bronchodialator puffer, 2 cups of coffee and a can of Coca-Cola into my system in the last 6 hours or so. Hence the confused state of mind. Perfect appetizer I believe for reading this literature! Professor Powe, just wait and see what the sketch to exemplify Thursday's class will look like...

Anyhow, I want to wish Dave a happy birthday. He's finally made it to 22. Another year of commitments and fun, until 23 comes along. All the best in the coming year!

Since my thoughts are not so cohesive tonight, I'll go and complete my reading, contemplate that today is Thursday, and somewhere in the back of my brain remember that Georgie Dubyah is being inaugurated today. Joy and rapture for 4 more years!

1 Comments:

Blogger Davyth said...

Thanks hun. At least I don't feel like the only seasonal narcotic user in this relationship now. :P

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home