Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Wednesday Night

Today dawned with the arrival of more snow and being rudely awoken by someone at 12am. Other than that, it wasn't all that bad of a day.

My only real problems with today were the amount of snow on the ground and that lecture this afternoon. First of all, more snow means more slippery conditions. This I hate. Furthermore, it was quite cold today, and of course, it was the day I had to wait for a bus to get home. It took over an hour to accomplish this feat.

Secondly, lecture was disjointed and we did not cover all the material that we were supposed to. However, this didn't surprise me, as Professor Broadhurst often finds himself sidetracked and goes off on various tangents. Occasionally there is something relevant in the tangents, but often they are just a waste of time, when we should be covering the week's materials.

On to my final little rant for tonight. American Idol has returned for season 4. I was never a fan of these "reality shows", but this show is more of a comedy sketch than a talent show. This year the spin is to showcase some of the most horrible and (allegedly) talented people. I don't watch too much television on weeknights, but this is one of the few shows I watch. Some of the people that are on the show, should definitely NEVER quit their day jobs. I'm watching the show this evening again, just for some laughs and to see the occasionally really talented people who make it to the next round of tryouts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home