Saturday, April 09, 2005

You Give Me (Studying) Fever

Deep in the midst of studying, I pause here to post tonight's entry. On Tuesday, I have my Founders of Christianity final exam, and I am going through the material that I will need to know for then. It is not a small task, I can assure you of that. This term we covered the majority of the "New Testament" as well as selections from the Hebrew Bible (The TANAKH).
As I am studying, I am noting various parallels which I hope will be useful for the final exam (25% of my entire grade). The exam is divided into three parts:
1. Sight Passages: pick 2 and identify/ discuss in terms of significance, only from second term: worth = 50% of total exam:
Possible Texts to consider:
(TANAKH) Genesis 1-2, 6-9, 14; Exodus 3, 20, 32-34; Leviticus 11, 16, Joshua 6, Psalm 110; Daniel (7); Ezekiel 8-11; Proverbs 8, 15; Jonah; Ruth; Malachai, Isaiah 7, 42, 53, 61
(New Testament) 1,2,3 John; Jude; James; Diadache; Barnabas; Hebrews, 1 Clement, Revelation

2. Gospel Questions: considering the synoptic problem, discuss/compare contrast the Gospels: worth = 25% of total exam
Possible Texts to consider:
(Aland Synopsis; Goodacre; Mason & Robinson commentary) Matthew; Mark; Luke; John; 1,2 Peter, Gospel of Thomas

3. Essay Question: considering the whole year, write about one question posed: worth = 25% of total exam
Possible Texts to Consider: Everything from the year, pretty much all of TANAKH and the New Testament (Paul's letters and all of the above)

So, as you all can see, the studying fever has kicked me quite hard, and I am working my way through the material. Best of luck to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home