Wednesday, September 07, 2005

News of the Day

This morning I was up bright and early to go to an interview at Chapters. Altogether it did not go too badly, and we got out about 15 minutes early. The most inane question: "If you could be anyone in history, who would you be?" Anyhow, I hope to get a call back before the end of the week.

In other news, I was only late by about a half hour for class. Of course the McLuhan/Frye course has to be held in one of the SMALLEST rooms in Stong College. Not surprising at all. Furthermore, there were break-ins, twice as I understand to many of the offices in the building. See what happens to the 'literate' ones at York, first we have a cruddy old building, and secondly, no proper security. I know the pen is mightier than the sword, but I hoped at York the administration would not take that phrase so literally.

Otherwise, the first assignment has been given out: "The Medium is the Message" Basically explain the statement in 500 words/2 pages. Who is Prof. Powe kidding? It will be a thought-provoking assignment at any rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home