Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I've got some good news and bad news, which do you want first?

Since as usual I have been tardy on my posting, I will run a series of updates:

Thursday:
Worked the night shift and came home thoroughly exhausted and extremely happy that I had the next few days off work. Couldn't sleep right away and ended up going to bed around 4.15am.

Friday:
Woke up at noon, feeling well rested. Spent the afternoon out shopping with my mother and finding some excellent bargains. The local Fabricland is closing down and I got over 30 metres of ribbon for only $10. Also dropped $50 at MAC cosmetics for some new stuff for convocation.

Saturday:
Woke up just in time for the beginning of THE match of Trinidad & Tobago vs. Sweden. After a great job of defending, Shaka Hislop shut out the Swedes and kept the score at 0-0.
One point for the Trinis and celebrating all round. They play England next Thursday. Hunny came over for dinner later on in the evening and spent a few hours. We watched A History of Violence.

Sunday:
I was scheduled to work at 11:30am, so hunny came over around 10am for a breakfast featuring freshly baked blueberry muffins. He drove me in to work, helped me open up and then left. I spent the day watching all the soccer games and chatting with the customers. As usual, the girl filling in after me was late, so I didn't leave until 7.30pm. Hunny came home and had dinner here. Confirmed with my hairstylist as to what time she would be coming over in the morning.

Monday:
The BIG day: Convocation. Woke up with mixed feelings about the whole thing. Hairstylist called and said she was on her way and she got here around 10.45am. She coloured my hair, semi-straightened it and set it. It was fabulous! We ended up leaving around 12.50pm. Hunny's mother called and said she was securing front row seats for my parents and brother with them. Got to school and picked up robes, hats and hoods. We were shuffled into line and marched out into the tent. Everything started on time at 3pm, and after long-winded speeches and marching across the stage, it was all done around 5pm. After receiving flowers from my mother and my hunny's mother, we proceeded with the 101 photo session. Went and had some food at the reception and got a frame for hunny's diploma. I paid $50 to rent a robe and all I got to keep was the hat! Stopped at Taco Bell on the way home and got some food. Watched most of the hockey game and then helped my brother with a creative assignment for his English class.

Tuesday:
Woke up around 11:30am and spent some time watching television. Called in to work to see what was going on. I talked to the boss who said it is official today that the place is closing down. So now I have no job. Went across to the plaza, paid off the trip and bought a greeting card for my mother. Stopped in the local bar to see if they needed a bartender. Turns out they might. So I scooted home, my mother signed and addressed the card and I went back with my resume. I should hear something soon. I will be looking at other places too. My brother says that his project was the most creative in the whole class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home